Wednesday 4 September 2013

Round 2 in Year 1

Hey all! I've spent the past 3 days getting my classroom ready for the new year. I'm so excited for my kiddies to come in tomorrow!

Last year I always felt like I was in the shadow of the teacher who I replaced... I changed lots but I also never really felt like my room reflected me. This year I wanted to make sure that my room was organised and totally to my liking as best as I could with what I had.

When I came into my class on Monday afternoon (my suitcase in tow!!!) here's what I saw:





Luckily, all of my boards were backed and bordered because my awesome LSA last year did it before we broke up for summer holidays. So after a few days of some elbow grease and dedication, my room is now looking like this:

The book area/role play area, and you can also see the levelled readers bookcase. 

A view of the majority of my room.
The back of the room
The kid's trays, the sink and art area, and you can see my behaviour clip chart in the right of the picture as well.
The front of the room and my brand spanking new Promethean board and computer!!
Our prayer corner and our weekly helpers 
Miss French's area- where I keep all materials, books, important info, etc. That lion on the cupboard door is the beginning of where our school values will be placed. It's still a work in progress but I like it!

I'm really liking what my room looks like this year and how organised it feels! I just KNOW that this is going to be a fantastic year. I can't wait to greet my 24 smiley 5 year olds tomorrow morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!