Saturday 10 November 2012

Week Recap

Hiya! So, what have I been up to this week? It's not all that interesting really. The weeks prior to and after breaks, we are not guaranteed 4 days of work like usual. I started Monday off by getting ready, but I quickly knew that I would have the day off. My consultant Sean called me around 11am though, just to say hi, ask how my half term was, and just have a good chat. He's so lovely! Monday night, my other consultant Craig let me know that I have a PPA coverage every Thursday at St. Matthew's Church of England school for the rest of the term. It's nice to have some stability! At least my Thursdays are set now!

Tuesday I got a call to cover a nursery class at a school near us (about a 20 minute walk) called Derwentwater. The children are babies, basically (3 years old). I just played with them, and did some painting, song singing, and reading. I was covered in sand, snot, glitter, and paint by the end of the day. Not my cup of tea, but at least I was working!

On Wednesday, I didn't think I was going to get work again. I had just changed out of my work clothes around 9:10am, when the phone rang, and a consultant named Barry called me to go to Hathaway Primary School in Ealing. My housemate Jess works there often, so I was excited to go. I arrived around 10am, covering a Year 3 class. They were really quite nice, and the TA said she was so impressed with how calm I am, and how I handled the "behavioural" students. She said she would put in a good word for me, so hopefully I get to return there again soon.

Thursday was my PPA coverage day at St. Matthew's in West Drayton. I get to go with my other housemate Dana, because she works there 3 days a week. This school is absolutely lovely- there were no "behavioural" students in my Year 4 class in the morning. I think this class may be my favourite of any I've had so far. They are intelligent, and well mannered. We got so much learning done! In the afternoon, I covered a Year 1 class. I kind of winged it, since the teacher was like "Do PE, and then do science" and I wasn't given much more instruction than that. We literally did 10 minutes of PE, because the little lovelies take so long to change from their uniform into their PE kits, and then back into their uniforms. We talked about seasons in science, and I had them draw a picture to represent each season. Their classroom teacher came back then, and we had to take them to worship at church. I really enjoyed the religious aspect of their education. I'm glad I get to return to this school!

I didn't get any work on Friday, so I just did laundry and caught up on some of my favourite shows. The girls and I, with our other friend Kayla (Vibe for those of you from Nip!) went to Shepherd's Bush to go to the outstanding mall called Westfields last night. It shames any other mall I have ever been to. They will have a skating rink INSIDE the mall within the next couple of weeks. They always have special guests too- earlier this week Taylor Swift was there performing a free concert, and today, the Kardashians will be there talking about their new fashion line they've launched at Dorothy Perkins. COOL! I got some new boots and a new shirt at New Look. We also ate dinner in their amazing food court. It was enjoyable to go out and do something after being inside all afternoon.

I'm going to be hanging out with Rob later today, and I think we're going to see the new James Bond film. Tomorrow, I'm going to go back to Shepherd's Bush with Kayla to go to church. I really miss  the fellowship of going to church, so it will be nice to reintroduce that aspect in my life!

Craig texted me to tell me that I will be at Colham Manor on Monday, so I'm very very excited to go back there! Other than that, there really isn't much new in my life. I can't believe I'm approaching the 2 month mark of being here... time sure does fly! I hope everyone is doing well at home- feel free to write me, because I love to know what you are all up to! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!