Saturday 3 November 2012

A Hoot of a Half Term

This past week I've been on half term break. That means, that I had a whole week to RELAX and enjoy myself, after a somewhat hectic and stressful teaching placement the previous two weeks. Somehow, I've managed to keep myself busy and have really enjoyed my half term break.

On Saturday and Sunday, I did some shopping and chores which had piled up while I was busy teaching. Monday, I went into central London with a teacher named Rob I met at Harefield. We had a lot of fun- and I went to my first cinema (not movie theatre haha) in London! On Tuesday, I went to Ealing Broadway to meet up at Starbucks with my new friend Diane. She's a TA (teaching assistant) at my favourite school, Colham Manor. She lives in Chiswick, which is near Acton. We caught up, and did some shopping. Wednesday was Halloween, and I didn't do much. I ate some sweets and watched a lot of online tv. Thursday and Friday were dedicated to my journey to Manchester to meet up with Melissa, my friend from high school. I left from Euston station in central London, and the journey takes about 2 hours. SO easy, and I got the tickets fairly cheap too (£32 each way). Melissa and I had a wonderful time catching up, and we went to the bar on Thursday night. We attracted some interesting characters. Needless to say, she and I will have to go out again!!


The most delicious latte ever. 
On Friday morning, we weren't feeling 100% but we had to go on the hunt for caffeine and food. We ended up at the most adorable place called "teacup on Thomas St." I had a huge latte and the MOST wonderful bowl of porridge I have ever ever had. We walked around Manchester, and Mel showed me where she used to live. I really like Manchester, it's got a good vibe.  We had to pick up Melissa's flatmate's brother and his mate from the train station. They are Irish, and incredibly nice. We went to a pub so that they could eat, and then I had to go back to the train station so I could catch my train. On the train ride back, I sat beside a guy from South Africa who moved to Edinburgh about 7 months ago. We had a nice chat, so it made time move much faster!

Today, I'm just going to relax, get some chores done, and maybe call home. Tomorrow, Rob and I are going to hang out in central London again, so that will be a nice way to end half term break. Our work is not guaranteed the week after half term, so I'm hoping they find me some work next week, because otherwise I will be extremely bored! I hope this recap wasn't too boring to read haha. Hope you are all doing well! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!