Sunday 21 October 2012

Update

Hi! It's been awhile, but I thought you'd all like to know what has been happening in my life this past week. I got a text from Sean last Sunday telling me that I was going back to Harefield Infants School all week... so that's what I've been doing! I'm in a Year 2 class, and it is quite a challenge, as they always keep me on my toes. Monday after my first day in this class, I came home and drank a bottle of wine. I'm not ashamed to say that I was in bed before 9pm. What I can tell you though, is that if I'm not a better teacher after this experience, I'm doing it wrong! I have my ups and downs, but the staff at this school are quite amazing. I've met some amazing people there! :)

I am going back to the same class this week, since the head teacher told my consultant I was doing a quite good job at building a rapport with the students, and not only managing them (HA HA) but they were also learning. Although I know that it's going to be a challenge, sometimes you just have to look for the tiny positives of the day and focus on those, rather than the million negative things that happened. It should be a fun week too, since there will be Halloween and Harvest celebrations on Thursday and Friday, and then we're on half term break for a week! Dare I say it, I can't wait for half term- I want to have a break and do some fun things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!