Tuesday 18 September 2012

Thoughts on my "Big Girl" Adventure

I'm far too tired to write a recap about what happened today and yesterday, but I will share this with all of you back home who are eagerly awaiting updates:

Being a grown-up sucks. It's a challenge. Being in a new country is challenging. All that I knew before is not so relevant here. I'm living on a wish and a prayer. Money doesn't last long. You learn to rely on your gut instincts.

But the best thing I can share with you is that people are inherently good. I know I'm being cautious and suspicious in this big city, but so far, everyone has been so friendly and helpful. People are people, wherever you are. We all have the same wants and needs. So, while we are different, we're also the same in the most important aspects.

Even through all of these trials and tribulations, I find it so thrilling to be here. Even after an especially long and emotional day today, on our bus ride home, I found myself smiling as we passed the hustle and bustle and the lights. Literally smiling. I am so happy to be here. It's going to be great.

I will definitely update and share some pictures when we get permanent internet. Right now I'm relying on somewhat shoddy wifi at our hotel. I love and miss you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!