Monday 24 September 2012

Journey into Central London

Friday night, we went to pick up our friend Kaitlin from the tube station. She is a fellow Nipissing grad, and lives about an hour away from us. She shared with us some funny teaching stories, and we all had some good laughs. We planned to journey into central London on Saturday morning, so we went to bed fairly early.


On Saturday, we got up and ready, and we were out the door by 9am. We are fortunate enough to live on the tube line that goes straight into central London, so we didn't have to hop around, which is amazing! We did all of the touristy things like Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guard, Trafalger square, London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the National Gallery, and King's Cross. Because my internet is quite shoddy still, I am pressing my luck by uploading these photos. I PROMISE I will write more and upload more at a later date, but for now, these will have to quell your curiousness! 
Dana and I on the tube.
Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guard!
As we walked away from Buckingham Palace, we were really fortunate to be standing SUPER close to see them leave!
I think this is the only group shot we got of the day. Left is Kaitlin, me, Jess, Dana.
On the bridge over the River Thames, with the London Eye in the background.



We had to do this photo, obviously.  
Eating poutine at a pub called the Maple Leaf! They even served Molson Canadian! 
Probably the most excited I was all day- at Platform 9 3/4! 
I am truly having the most spectacular time here. I'm not sure how I'm ever supposed to come home after this (but don't worry Mom, I still will lol). I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!